Call Us: 908-464-0023
269 Springfield Ave. Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Pet Surgery Procedures at Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital
Pre-Anesthetic Blood Testing
Before any procedure, the veterinarian will perform a physical exam on the patient. However, because there is always the possibility that a physical exam alone may not identify all health problems, we require pre-anesthetic blood tests be performed within 30- days of the procedure. We will use the information obtained from these tests to tailor an anesthetic protocol especially for your pet so that he/she will be as safe and comfortable during the surgical procedure.
- Nothing to eat after 8:00 PM the night before the procedure.
- Check-in with the doctor is between 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM on the morning of the procedure. The doctor will discuss discharge times and aftercare instructions.
- Most patients will go home with sutures that will need to be removed approximately 10-14 days following the procedure, and there is no charge for the suture removal
- Check the suture area regularly for signs of redness, swelling or irritation and call us if you notice any problems or have any concerns.
- Monitor your pet for signs of chewing or licking at the stitches. A n E-collar is available to help deter your pet from this behavior.
- Pain medication will be provided for your pet if needed following the procedure. You can also monitor your pet for signs of pain or discomfort. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
Some of our hospital’s surgical procedures include:
- Cat Declaw
- Caesarean Section (C-section)
- Cherry Eye Surgery (third eyelid)
- Companion Animal Laser Therapy
- Dog and Cat Neuter (castration)
- Dog and Cat Spay (ovariohysterectomy)
- Ear Hematoma Repair
- Exploratory Abdominal Surgery
- Foreign Body Removal
- Hernia Repair
- Orthopedic & Soft Tissue
- Puppy tail dock and dewclaw removal
- Suturing lacerations
- Wart/Cyst/Mass Removal
- Wound repair
Our Hours of Operation As of 1/1/18
Monday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.
Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital has been caring for your sick pets since 1976. Located on Springfield Ave, our hospital offers cutting-edge veterinary care such as vaccines, surgical procedures, dog and cat spays/neuters and much more. We will treat your pet like family!
Address: 269 Springfield Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Phone: (908) 464-0023